facebook icon twitter icon linked in icon google+ icon

Google rewards websites for responsive design

by Adi Goater / 20 April 2015


Reward Responsive Design



We have always stressed the importance of responsive website design to our clients and we all know that having a mobile friendly website is good for usability, but Google is now taking it one step further by introducing ranking signals based on mobile-friendliness.

In 2014 mobile data usage overtook static PC usage for the first time, and now mobile data usage as a whole accounts for 60% of time spent online, while desktop-based data consumption makes up the remaining 40%. Starting tomorrow (April 21), google will be updating their algorithms to adapt to our evolving mobile usage patterns.

This change will affect mobile searches in all languages worldwide and will have a significant impact on search results. Consequently, users will find it easier to get relevant, high quality search results that are optimised for their devices. This means mobile responsive websites will actually be rewarded with an increased ranking in google search results!

We have been building mobile responsive websites for the over 3 years, and all of our modern build websites come with responsive design as standard, some of my favourite examples of responsive design are listed below:

It has always been the case that if people using mobiles and tablets are having a hard time using your site, or the experience is unpleasant then they probably won't spend too long on the site, but now, more than ever, the visibility of your business online could be affected by not making provisions for mobile devices. To check your website use goolge's mobile-friendly checker.

If you're looking for a mobile solution that ensures your site isn’t going to be affected by Google’s latest update then get in touch today.





Adi Goater



A talented creative web developer, adept in realising our clients ideas. Specialising in PHP, CSS, MySQL and Javascript, he builds bespoke websites and other online media solutions.

With an inherent passion for Digital Marketing, his fingers are on the pulse of new developments and personifies our work culture of operating within industry best practices.



Get in touch

We love to connect with people. Follow, like or just say hello using the following links:


  Contact Us